Monday, June 21, 2010

McFatty Monday: A(nother) New Beginning

I've been meaning to jump on the McFatty Monday bandwagon for quite some time. But like lots of things in my life it got pushed to the back burner week after week - I'm a horrible procrastinator. But, the time has come now to bite the bullet and get going!

It's been 16 months since giving birth. I'm finally back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, and I'm really happy to see such a low number on the scale. But I was a little on the chunky side before getting pregnant, and I'd still like to lose a few more pounds. I'm trying not to put a specific number out there, but I'd like to keep going until I like the way I look. I want to feel comfortable with myself again instead of being constantly self-conscious about my body. I'm tired of wearing the same 4 bottoms to work because nothing else fits. I'm tired of trying on clothes and coming home empty handed because nothing there fits either. I want to go shopping and find lots of things that I love and that flatter me, instead of looking for certain styles and baggier clothing that will (hopefully) draw attention away from my tummy. And I know I can do it.

Over the past year I've tried sporadically to change my exercise and eating habits. With each new start came renewed enthusiasm and dedication and promises to myself that things were going to change.  Each of these things helped knock a few numbers off the scale, but I wasn't able to stick with any of them. Now I want to keep going, & I'm hoping that blogging about my mission will help motivate me and reinforce the healthy habits that go along with it.

The things I've done over the past year (like working out, running, and eating healthier) are all good. They worked while I did them, and they're each part of the overall lifestyle change I want to make. But they won't do any good until I can really make a commitment to make a major change and incorporate all these things into my life.

My new plan? Budget dieting! Trying to save money? Cut out food! Eating is overrated.

Just kidding.

I definitely want to get back into running. I really enjoy it, and I miss it now that I'm not doing it anymore. I like waving the pounds away, and I like that I actually feel healthier and more mentally alert when I get regular exercise.

 I'm also going to start the Beach Body Turbo Jam program (they're the same people that created P90X - but I'm not so brave to try that right away!) Turbo Jam comes with 5 DVD workouts, flashcards, recipes, and suggested meal plans. I haven't started it yet so I can't make any comments either way about the program, but sister-in-law loves it. She showed me the booklet that comes with it, and the recipes actually look really tasty. The suggested meal plans seem reasonable (read: you're not limited to 2 Ritz crackers and a grain of rice), and they look like something that would help get my eating habits back on track.

So starting today, I'm staying away from junk food. I'll be saying NO to the candy and treats that get passed around the office and YES to the delicious fruit that I've brought in.

Starting today (tomorrow actually, because it's so late now) I'm beginning my Turbo Jam workout videos. I will not be lured away by the television or computer. I will not be soft on myself because I've "had a hard day."

I need to stay strong on this. I'm counting on my wonderful husband and all of you to help me. This time it's for real. And this time, maybe I'll come out looking like this:

3 comments:

  1. I have an award for you at my blog! Stop by and pick it up!

    http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through a friends blog. I'm your newest follower. :-)

    KyAnn

    http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out those McFatty Mondays. My 4th baby is 13 months old and I've barely lost anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love to hear thoughts and feedback from my readers. If your email isn't provided in your profile, please make sure you provide your email so I can answer you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails