Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Favorites #5

Friday Favorites is a weekly piece I started as a way to record the milestones and memories I don’t get a chance to blog about during the rest of the week.
This week my mom was here watching Will, so I'm going to share some of the things they did together. 
Will was on a roll most of the week – I swear he was channeling my crazy Uncle Scott. He was growling and giggling nonstop – neither DH nor I have ever taught him to growl, and we don’t know how he learned how to do it. I’m glad I was able to get it on video – it was hilarious! He is definitely my son!
Mom says he learned about gravity by watching his ride-on fire engine roll down the driveway. Apparently he thought it was pretty funny!
On Monday, they didn’t even get out of their PJ’s until after naptime.
Mom says her favorite thing about this week is the afternoons sitting together watching Mickey Mouse. He’s been insistant that she sits down with him to watch it, and he’ll grab her hand and lead her over to DH's chair. He’ll climb into her lap and just lie back and totally relax, and she loves that he’s so trusting and accepting. He reached over and patted her hands, and every now and then he’d tilt his head backwards to make sure she was still there.
Another cute moment was this morning when they went for a walk – they were coming back to the house and he got really excited when he saw my car in the driveway (I switched with Mom for the week since the carseat won’t fit in her carr) – he ran over and tried to peek in the window to see if I was in it.
Every time they passed a house that had the same color garage door as ours, he would run over and try to go in, like he thought we were home.
He’s also been saying “there you go” a lot today, almost like he’s saying “well, maybe!”
This morning, he woke up at 4:30 crying. Sometimes he'll be able to calm himself down and go back to sleep, but after 10 minutes he was still fussing so I went in to check on him. As soon as I walked into his room, I could see Red Bea lying on the floor just out of his line of sight. He jumped up when he saw me and said (clear as day) "where is he?"
It's been a great week, and I'm so thankful I got to spend the holiday with all the people I love most. What are your favorite moments from this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love to hear thoughts and feedback from my readers. If your email isn't provided in your profile, please make sure you provide your email so I can answer you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails