Sunday, May 23, 2010

Joy is...

a perfect lazy Sunday.

We didn't do much of anything today. We had no plans, and no spending money to go out and play, so we stayed in all day. It's been a few months since we did that, and while I wouldn't do it often it's nice to be ridiculously lazy every once in a while.

Will and I didn't get out of our PJ's all day.

DH went fishing with some buddies this morning. There's a canal just a short walk from our house so a few of the boys on the street met up early in hopes of catching some fish before it got too hot.

While he was out playing, I cooked breakfast for Will and me. I've been on a scrambled eggs & cheese kick lately, so we've had that the past 2 days (and last weekend, and the weekend before that...). Will eats almost anything you give him, so he gobbled it right down. He watched Mickey Mouse while I cleaned up and threw some laundry in the wash, then I caught him rubbing his eyes so I put him back down for a nap.

While he slept I played on the internet. DH came home and we watched TV for a little bit and just sat around. Will woke up a while later, we made lunch and ate. I read the paper and looked at the Sunday ads while he eat some of his chicken fingers and threw the rest on the floor for the dogs.

We played on the floor - Will took turns chasing the dogs and bouncing on DH's stomach. By the way, that's cute at first but not so much when your child learns how to really put his weight behind it.

Will helped me with more laundry - I showed him how to take something from the washer and put it in the dryer - and he played in his crib while I put clothes away.

The rest of the day was more of the same - it was pretty much a normal boring day, but for me it was one of those special days that hopefully will stand out in my memory for years to come. It was so nice to spend the day with my 2 favorite boys without having to rush around to make sure "xyz" gets done. & now that DH is working again, both of us feel so much more at ease and de-stressed. All the worries we had about money and paying bills are mostly behind us (it will still be a while until we get our savings back on track but having a second income again is so much better already). I really feel like I can relax, and DH feels the same way.

Now, DH is out fishing again, Will is in bed sleeping, and I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up. The house isn't spotless, but I don't care. I have something much better than that.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE weekends like this. I always feel so accomplished and I seem to not be insanely tired by Monday morning (well, not AS tired).

    Melissa (@adventuroo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm your newest follower and I just wanted to say how adorable your little one is! I'm really enjoying your blog. Hope to see you around mine sometime!
    Chelsea
    http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love to hear thoughts and feedback from my readers. If your email isn't provided in your profile, please make sure you provide your email so I can answer you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails