Saturday, July 24, 2010

this Black and Blue is not sexy

More exciting news...I've just been awarded the One Lovely Blog award by Amy at The Adventures of JAMC.


Amy passed the award on to a few blogs that she's recently discovered, and I'm so happy to be included in that list! I write about things that are important to me, but I also want to provide interesting content that my readers can enjoy and appreciate too. I'm feeling warm & fuzzy right now to see that I'm doing a good job.

So, here are the rules: First, thank the person that gave this to you (check!). Then I have to share 7 things that you probably don't know about me. I'm also going to cheat and use this for my 31BBB Day 2 task: write a list post.

1. I've broken my toes more times that I can count. I'm not sure if I'm clumsy or just have bad luck - but  several times a year I'll stub a pinky toe, it turns black and blue and I can't wear my heels for weeks. Side note: the pinky toe on my right foot is now permanently crooked.
2. I grew up in New England with New England seafood...but I don't eat lobster. I've never even tasted it. I just think they're too cute to eat - and the whole "lobster" bit from Friends didn't help the situation.
3. I hated living in the "big" city. There was too much traffic, too much noise, too many people. I hate visiting my dad in NYC because of this. I'm so glad we live out in the country now!

This is really hard! I'm around myself all day & I know there's so much weird stuff that y'all don't know but I just can't think of it now that I'm on the spot.

4. I'm allergic to cats...but grew up with 3 of them in our house.
5. I have an addiction to the bargain tables at the bookstore. Even if I go just to pick up one other item, I'll spend up to an hour looking through each bargain item to see if anything from my 'to read' list is there. Then I'll buy all of them because "they're only $5!"...but there's still 10 of them.
6. I adore Blue Moon beer with an orange and chicken wings.
7. I almost gave birth to my son at work...maybe I'll share that story with you someday! It's a pretty crazy one.

I also, of course, have to pass this along to a few other bloggers. After much time and deliberation, I'm awarding this...erm, award, to the following wonderful ladies:

Adventures in Vandyland
A Beautiful Mess
Adventures of Us
The Happy Spitter
Adventures with Three Girls

I'm so glad people are enjoying my blog. I hope that I can begin making it even better, so stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Great list - I'll have to add this to my ideas list! And here's to a summer without breaking any more toes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed learning some more about you! I had a hard time thinking of 7 things, too. And, yes, we HAVE to hear the birth story some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the visit! Congrats on the award - and yes, please do tell us about this birth story, we're all curious! :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from SITs. Looks like I'll be back to find out about that whole giving birth at work story. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks. Don't know how I missed this one. Haha. I was strolling thru my emails and ran acrossed it. Thanks a million. It couldn't have been more timely. Sorry it's taken me so long to accept, but I really appreciate it. I'll do a post this weekend. Thanks again!! The birth story sounds like a doozy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love to hear thoughts and feedback from my readers. If your email isn't provided in your profile, please make sure you provide your email so I can answer you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails