Monday, July 26, 2010

Mental Health Days

Happy Monday morning, everyone! I hope y'all are having a good start to the week. I know I am!

I'm taking vacation days today and tomorrow, so I'm home with Munch playing SAHM. I did the same thing last month and had a blast being home with him - so I've decided to take 2 consecutive days each month off.

1. It gives me some quality time with Munch. I don't get nearly enough of that during a regular week (only about 10 minutes in the morning and maybe 2 hours in the evening before his bedtime) and that really stinks. I love having him all to myself for two whole days!
2. I get a few "mental health days" to relax and get away from the stress of work. I love having the time to refresh and recharge. Naptime on these 2 days each month is just about the only time I get all to myself!
3. I get to catch up on housework and other projects, and cook dinner (which I love but almost never get to do).
4. It saves use money on daycare! Most places charge you for the full week even if your child isn't there, but we're fortunate enough to have a more flexible babysitter who only charges us for the time that she watches Munchkin.

I'm on my second cup of coffee right now, and Munchkin is chillin' in his lion chair watching Mickey Mouse.


Scratch that...

In other news, you might have noticed that things look different today. I've been playing around with my blog design & trying to come up with something I like a little better. Bear with me and be patient, please, if things look a little goofy...I'm working on it!

1 comment:

  1. Those mental health days are a must! I've been going into work at 2 in the afternoon these past few weeks so I can spend some time with my boys before they go to school! I love it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love to hear thoughts and feedback from my readers. If your email isn't provided in your profile, please make sure you provide your email so I can answer you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails