Friday, July 23, 2010

Utility work and exciting news ahead!




I know I haven't been around much this week. I usually use my downtime at work to come up with ideas for this blog and to develop posts, but I've been so busy this week I've barely had a chance to catch my breath. It's a welcome change of pace from the boredom I've had lately, but I'm sorry that my blogging has suffered for it. 

I'm pleased to announce though that I'm taking part in the SITS ProBlogger Challenge this month!




For each of the next 31 days, I'll be completing a different task that will build my blogging skills and stretch my creativity, ultimately helping to improve my blog. 



Some days the task will be a something specific to post, other days it will be something behind the scenes, like ways to network with other bloggers, tips, or tutorials. 











I'm really excited about participating in this! Since starting this blog, I've been trying to develop it and narrow my focus - I just wasn't quite sure how to do that on my own. I hope you'll start to notice some changes around here as I progress through the challenge!




The first day's challenge is to create an elevator pitch. This is a simple statement that describes your blog to others - you're basically selling your blog to potential readers. I'm still playing with it a little, but here is what I've come up with so far:

Lost & Holding Hands: I'm a first time mom trying to navigate my way through life. It's a daily challenge to divide my time between parenting the world's busiest little boy, nurturing my marriage, and surviving the working word outside the home while still trying to find time for myself at the end of the day. I write about trying to maintain this delicate balance and the adventures I face each day. I know other new moms must feel the same way, so my purpose is to shout out the message - you are not alone! From teething to temper tantrums, we're all just trying to find our way. My life is no different than yours - it's not a perfect life, but it's mine.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I've been browsing through some of your old posts, and I really enjoy your blog. I think the blog challenge thing is cool, and I've seen quite a few people doing it. On another note, I was given an award today for being a new follower, and I passed it on to you!
    http://jamcjohnsonfamily.blogspot.com/2010/07/one-lovely-blog-award-that-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, we're ALL trying to balance. I'm not a good juggler at all, but I'm trying. And learning as I go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love to hear thoughts and feedback from my readers. If your email isn't provided in your profile, please make sure you provide your email so I can answer you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails